An Open Letter to my Future Husband

To my future husband,


Crazy to think we made it this far.

I never thought I would be able to commit to one man. It seems lately, as of 12 April 2020, I commit to men like seasons commit to the days.

One day it's cold, the next it's warm. 

I have so many questions.

How did we meet? Was it by chance or accident?

Am I annoying? Wait maybe don't answer that.

What made you choose me? Because I know I can be a pain in the butt and make you question my sanity.

Who said I love you first? Was it me? If it was, that's interesting because I never have been one to say "I love you" first. I have always been one who believed actions speak louder than words.

Did I ever get into Valentine's day? As of now, I hate it. I have always seen it as a Hallmark holiday. Nothing more, nothing less. Showing love shouldn't just be a one day thing, it should be an everyday thing.

Am I a bridezilla? I feel like I would be.

Was our love accepted? Did my family love you? My family is hard to please at times, they can be judgmental, overbearing, but they mean well. I am the oldest and first for everything, they are afraid to give me away.

Do we have more of a Ross and Rachel type of relationship? Or do we have more of a Chandler and Monica type of relationship? This. Is. Important.

My friend was telling me what she values in a partnership. She was talking about the questions that were burning in her mind. She talked about how amazing her future husband was in every way. What she was looking forward to and how she views their life.

And that was the moment where I realized... Boy, did you marry an a-hole. 

Did your parents like me? Love me? Or did it take time? I can be very awkward around parents. 

Did your family like me? Love me? Or did it take time? I feel I can be very standoffish at times. 

I'm curious, are you foreign? My mom always thought I was going to meet someone abroad and marry them.

Are you in the corporate world? I always thought I would climb my way to the top of the corporate world.

Jokes and questions aside I think it's time to share my real thoughts.

I'm excited for our new beginnings and the way in which we go. I'm excited to see how many children and how many pets we will have. How beautiful was the wedding? I bet my mom, my Nonna, my aunts, and my friends were all balling their eyes out. Which means I probably was too. I always imagined getting married in the fall, with a rustic theme, at a vineyard. Did we get married in the fall? Or another season?

How was the engagement? I always wanted to get engaged on the beach at sunset, just you and me. Was our family and friends there? I feel however you did it was beautiful and I probably sobbed like a baby. I bet you are everything I wanted and more. I bet you showed me the world through rose colored glasses and showed me the endless opportunities love and partnership has to offer. I bet you became my best friend and honestly know without you my world will probably be bland again. I bet my confidence has sky rocketed with you and you taught me how to not be shy.

I'll love you forever, I'll semi like you always, but my husband you will always be.

My forever people said "God bless the man that ever marries you."




Sippin' Pretty, Sippin' Strong,
Moli


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts